A recent study under taken by Harvard Medical School found that regular meditation is more beneficial than a holiday! Their findings suggested that mindfulness exercises can result in long-lasting positive psychological effects, especially for people new to these experiences. In addition, meditation and yoga can boost immunity, and regular practice seems to promote more complex genetic effects related to healthier ageing.
This is just one amongst thousands of scientific studies into meditation and the results appear to show boundless benefits that include:
– Improved focus, in fact a recent study by Harved University actually found that mediation literally rebuilds the brains grey matter.
– Improves immune system & energy levels.
– Reduces stress, anxiety, improves self-esteem & self acceptance.
– Improves sleep.
– It improves your mood & psychological well being
– It arms you to deal with stressful events
– Reduces blood Pressure
– Carnegie Mellon University study found that mindfulness meditation training is useful in decreasing feelings of loneliness.
– A study from Harvard Medical School even demonstrates that, after practising yoga and meditation, individuals had improved mitochondrial energy production, consumption and resiliency. This improvement actually develops a higher immunity in the system and resilience to stress.
– It has even been found to reduce your feelings of physical pain.
A study undertaken by the University of Montrea looked at 13 Zen masters and 13 comparable non-practitioners to equal degrees of painful heat while measuring their brain activity. What they discovered is that the Zen meditation (called zazen) practitioners reported less pain. Actually, they reported less pain than their neurological output from the fMRI indicated. So, even though their brain may be receiving the same amount of pain input, in their mind’s there is actually less pain.
So with all these awesome benefits, all you have to do is lie back and relax. Why not add mediation into your routine today!
This month we have several chances for you to get your meditation on at BYC hot yoga:
Yoga Nidra with Ben Wolff:
Saturday 29th October 1:00-1:45 BOOK NOW
Saturday 26th November 1:00-1:45 BOOK NOW